Salary Competitive Salary + Growth opportunities
Consultant Andrew Hickey
Date posted 9 January 2019 2019-01-092019-03-10 accountancy Ellerslie NZ NZD 55000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
An opportunity to practice and grow your accounting knowledge in a supportive environment with a great company culture.
Great company with a range of different business units across multiple sectors. This role represents a fantastic opportunity to hone your skills in an exciting and varied environment.
This is a role suitable for someone who wants to develop their accounting skills. The assistant accountant is responsible for the daily accounting functions of the business as well as doing thr payroll duties. This busy role requires someone who can work well within a diverse team and who has a can do and proactive attitude.
- Preparing financial reports
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Cash flow reporting and reconciliations
- Assisting in the preparation of annual budgeting for the various business units.
- Preparing and reviewing payroll
- Assisting in the preparation of GST, FBT,PAYE and Income tax returns
- Other accounting duties and ad hoc analysis as required
- Finance experience (2+ years)
- Payroll experience preferred
- Strong excel skills
- The ability to manage time effectively
- Great communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to build good working relationships with other team members
- Sitting within a diverse team who have extensive knowledge in accounting, this role can be treated as a great learning base for an individual who wants to practise and grow their accounting skills.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.