Group Assistant Accountant
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Andrew Hickey
Date posted 11 March 2019 2019-03-112019-05-10 accountancy Auckland CBD NZ NZD 60000 65000 65000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
Great role for a dynamic and driven individual who wants career progression.
With its head office in the Auckland CBD, this New Zealand business really is an industry leader. If you’re looking for a company that values their staff then this really is the role for you. Their well functioning finance team offers a great opportunity for a smart, up and coming individual who really wants to build on their accounting skills.
This is the ideal role for a dynamic and driven individual. Working in the group accounting team, you will gain hands on experience with statutory reporting, group consolidations and preparing management accounts for the senior leadership team.
- Prepare and consolidate group monthly financial reports
- Prepare NZ and AUS subsidiary statutory annual financial statements
- Prepare half and full year statutory group consolidations
- Assist with cost centre management and FX reporting
- Assist in the preparation of interim and annual group financial statements in accordance with IFRS
- Assist with the coordination of the group audit for half year, interim and final audit programs
- Working towards CA/CPA qualification
- 2+ years’ experience working in an assistant accountant role
- Statutory reporting and experience with group consolidations would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills and the ability to analyse data
- The ability to build strong working relationships
- A pro-active and collaborative attitude
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
This role provides a great opportunity to develop in a growing and fast paced environment. This is a very visible role in a fantastic NZ business.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.