Assistant Corporate Accountant
Location Wellington CentralFULL_TIME
Consultant Olivia Newport
Date posted 22 July 20192019-07-30 2019-09-20 accountancy Wellington Central Wellington NZ NZD 60000 90000 90000 YEAR HRL Morrison & Co hrlmorrison.com https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/Morrison&Co logo CMS.gif
Established in 1988, H.R.L. Morrison & Co is a leading investment manager, holding multiple investment mandates in New Zealand and Australia, both internally and with superannuation funds. About the role: The Assistance Corporate Accountant is primarily involved in the monthly management accounting and project reporting requirements for MCO managed private investment entities.
- Prepare month end journals, reconciliations and management accounts
- Preparation of the annual financial statements and assist in the external audit process
- Preparation of monthly GST returns
- Preparation of loan draw-down and roll over documents
- Assist in the preparation of budgets
- Recently or soon to be qualified Chartered accountant (NZICA or equivalent professional body)
- Experience in a big 4 or commercial company
- Management accounting and financial reporting experience
- Ability to work in a collaborative & agile environment
- Desire to grow, develop and perform to a high standard
- Proficient in Excel
- A high-quality graduate transcript reflecting a B+ average (or better)
- A high performing mentality and excellent interpersonal skills
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a leading, high calibre organisation with a presence in both Australia and New Zealand. Join a respected brand, receive broad exposure to a range of businesses, career progression and a competitive salary package.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Rebecca Gibson on 04 471 9725.