Credit Consultant - Collections
Consultant Andrea Doherty
Date posted 4 April 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
An established New Zealand operated and managed bank is seeking a number of Credit Consultants to join their Collections & Recoveries division.
The Credit Consultant will be responsible for contacting customers with overdue accounts to make arrangements to repay arrears, loading and monitoring arrangement within the collections systems and liaising with customers to solve issues.
- Contact clients by telephone and/or written correspondence
- Negotiate arrangements for repayment of arrears within company guidelines and policy
- Prepare submissions for restructure of existing contracts where appropriate
- Ensure all compliance obligations are met (i.e. Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act, Privacy Act etc.)
- Provide on-going contribution to the development of the department and any other duties as deemed necessary by the Team Leader - Collections
- Look to constantly enhance the processes to ensure that the best result is reached in a cost effective and timely manner
- Minimum 1-2 years credit control/collections experience
- New Zealand based customer services and financial services experience
- Excellent negotiation and relationship building skills
- Working knowledge of Credit, Privacy and Repossession regulations
- First-rate professional verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment
Ongoing training and development will be provided to the incumbent as well as opportunities to progress within the bank.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrea Doherty on 09 374 7341.