Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Emma Stevenson
Date posted 27 May 20192019-06-13 2019-07-26 accountancy Auckland CBD Auckland AUCKLAND CBD NZ NZD 45000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
This is an exciting opportunity to work for a dynamic, boutique firm known for coming up with bold new ways to help clients solve their most complex commercial problems
This is a highly reputable and well-established CA firm with global operations across New Zealand, Australia and Asia looking for bright minds with fresh perspectives to help solve the most challenging business problems of tomorrow. A boutique firm focusing on restructuring, insolvency and advisory services with highly talented people and a culture to nurture talent and support ambitious people to reach their career aspirations.
This is the ideal role for a dynamic and driven CA focused individual. The successful candidate can expect a hands-on opportunity in the insolvency and restructuring industry where you will work closely with Managers, Directors and Partners across the firm to develop experience across financial analysis, trading businesses, asset realisation, risk management, compliance, GST, PAYE, bank reconciliations,, HR and commercial finance. You will have exposure to wide ranging, financial and business skills to solve complex client challenges. The role will offer long-term professional development, career progression and offers support to those individuals who aspire to become Chartered Accountants (CA) or Certified Financial Analysts (CFA).
- Work closely with Managers, Directors and Partners across the firm on client engagements
- Work as a team player and directly with clients to assist in solving complex, commercial challenges
- Apply a common-sense approach and develop experience across financial analysis, forensic accounting, M&A activity, compliance & governance, HR and commercial finance
- Attendance at industry events, and opportunities for client networking and marketing
- Enthusiastic and driven person who wants to work in a diverse, fast-paced environment
- A recent graduate or an analyst with 1-2 years commercial experience
- Preferably Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (and Business or Finance)
- Strong business acumen
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to engage with customers in a professional manner
- Basic understanding of accounting incl. Accounts Payables/Receivables and tax (GST/PAYE)
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word & Powerpoint
- Ability to use initiative in solving problems
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- A team player with a real desire to succeed
This role is in a supportive and faced paced environment with great opportunity to develop.
The successful candidate will get experience in insolvency related assignments, trading, restructuring and asset realisation along with exposure to a wide range of financial and business skills to solve complex client challenges. You will receive long term professional development, career progression and opportunities for attendance at industry events, client marketing and networking. The employer offers a great, social team spirit with internal team events and corporate challenges with clients.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Emma Stevenson on 09 374 7364.