Transaction Services Assistant - Guarantees
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Joe Whitfield
Date posted 23 September 2018 2018-09-232018-10-30 financial-services 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
This opportunity will suit an organised and methodical individual who is capable with paperwork and at home with processing and bring various stakeholders together.
A large financial services organisation who have a team specialising in forward thinking, open account supply chain and traditional trade solutions.
About the role
You will work as part of the bank’s import/export services business and as such participate in the development of relationships and take a proactive, high initiative approach to representing both the bank’s image and the clients’ needs.
- Delivery of trade finance products and services to clients in accordance with agreed service levels
- Execute transactions in accordance with Group controls, financial crime risk, regulatory and sanctions policies
- Ensure processing quality and efficiency, provide technical advisory and client servicing
- Execute complex, higher risk and bespoke transactions
- Interpret and apply international trade conventions
- Exercise judgement to mitigate transactional risks
- Minimum of 5 years experience in trade middle office / operational role.
- Good knowledge of the technical aspects of guarantees and standby DCs, particularly UCP600, ISP98 and URDG
- Experience in issuance, amendment and cancellation of standbys and/or guarantees.
- Ability to apply technical knowledge and experience to solve problems and implement solutions, including liaising with external clients.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Must be organised, a team player, possess a high level of interpersonal skills, accuracy, commonsense and initiative.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone with an organised and methodical approach to their work to join a bank who boast the largest trade and receivables banking business globally. This is a massive growth industry given the new access to countries and economies with whom to trade and as such will provide invaluable experience and a great platform for the future.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Joe Whitfield on 09 374 7340.