External Reporting Assurance Manager
Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Emma Stevenson
Date posted 9 July 20192019-07-09 2019-09-07 accountancy Auckland CBD Auckland Auckland CBD NZ NZD 100000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This is the ideal role for a CA Qualified Accountant interested in working within a financial services business managing risk and controls.
This is an exciting opportunity within a large New Zealand Bank for an experience accountant with recent external audit experience.
The purpose of this role is to support the Bank in managing risk and controls, getting the numbers right and keeping the organisation safe. The wider team is to provide assurance to Bank management over Financial and Regulatory reporting. The role is responsible for testing of controls, substantiating high risk balance sheet accounts, providing assurance over external reports and performing targeted deep dives on risk hot spots. This position will also give the successful candidate exposure to other operational risk and controls that support the wider finance team to support its strategic objectives. This is an exciting position for someone who wants to add significant value to the Bank by taking ownership and building close working relationships with internal stakeholders.
- Maintaining close working relationships and providing timely advice and guidance to internal stakeholders to help the Bank better manage financial and regulatory risk and controls
- Undertaking reviews of processes to produce external reporting to regulators, including assessing risks and testing effectiveness of related controls
- Substantive testing of high-risk balance sheet accounts
- Reporting to senior management on key issues together with recommendations
- Acting as an agent for constructive improvement in the control environment
- At least 5+ years external audit or assurance experience
- CA Qualified or equivalent
- A sound understanding or controls and risks and their application to the business environment
- Experience working in a team and reviewing work/supporting the development of other team members
- Experience at communicating findings and influencing senior management
- Experience in a commercial and/or internal/external
- Knowledge of financial services, products and systems
- Some experience or knowledge with business continuity and change management process
This is a fantastic role in a well known and reputable business. This is a challenging and diverse role with lots of room for career progression.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Emma Stevenson on 09 374 7364.