Location Mount Wellington
Consultant Daniel Bradley
Date posted 13 June 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
This newly created Commercial Analyst role allows the successful applicant to make this position their own, building strong relationships to champion finance initiatives.
Estee Lauder Companies (ELC) is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, make up, fragrance and hair care products. The company’s products are sold in over 150 countries and territories. Key brands include Estee Lauder, Clinique, MAC, Bobbi Brown, Jo Malone London, La Mer and Tom Ford Beauty.
This role is responsible for the delivery of the monthly management reporting, budgeting and forecasting along with insightful analysis to aid decision making across all of ELC’s brands. The role is also designed for the successful candidate to be a champion for change and a true business partner.
The Commercial Analyst is mainly responsible for analysing and interpreting brand results and the preparation of financial reports to support financial planning and budgets. They will also assist with some high level preparation of financial accounting activities. This position will have access to a range of confidential information and so will require the personal characteristics of discretion and integrity.
- Reviewing and analysing brand budgets
- Review month end financial reports
- Review programmes and packages to ensure commercial viability
- Responsible for managing the financial planning and management submissions including comprehensive reporting and analysis
- Providing cost/benefit analysis to the wider business on initiatives, marketing and products
- Build financial models and tools for planning and forecasting.
- Calculate cost of goods budgets from unit forecasts
- CA/CPA Qualified.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- The ability to challenge decisions and question the status quo.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate financial results to the wider business.
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines.
- The ability to streamline processes and make improvements where needed.
- Experience using SAP advantageous
- The ability to problem solve
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
This is a visible role that will influence key managerial decisions. This position allows for progression opportunities within the wider organisation.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Daniel Bradley on 09 374 7355.