Salary Competitive salary
Location Wellington CentralCONTRACTOR
Consultant Sophie Day
Date posted 4 December 2018 2018-12-04accountancy 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters
Steel & Tube Holdings Limited is New Zealand’s leading distributor and processor of metal and related products. We have approximately 1000 staff in 40 distribution and service centres throughout New Zealand, from Invercargill to Whangarei. Whilst our product catalogue boasts over 55,000 individual products, what really sets us apart is our people.
We are a company wholeheartedly committed to our customers, our shareholders and to being a good employer. Health & Safety is an integral part of our business and we have an absolute commitment to providing a healthy and safe workplace.
Reporting to the Credit Team Lead, you will provide credit support across a complex multi-site business environment. You will be responsible for overseeing a portfolio of customers with the objective of reducing errors and maintaining this to a high degree of accuracy through strict management of customer's accounts, effective reporting, and liaising with internal and external parties.
- Manage an extensive portfolio of customers and aged debt
- Investigate all overdue debt promptly, pursue with customers and escalate to account managers as required
- Identify account issues and resolve accordingly or escalate to branches for review
- Create clear and concise log notes on customer accounts for reference and follow up
- Respond to and resolve all relevant customer queries
- Produce overdue letters / emails to customers
- Negotiate and implement payments schemes with customers if required
- Reconcile customer accounts
- Minimise the commercial risk to the Company at all times, regularly review credit limits and credit terms
- Thoroughly check all credit applications and ascertain credit risk
- Tertiary qualifications in accounting/finance
- 5+ years of experience as a credit controller in a large multi business unit environment
- Previous experience in handling a large customer portfolio with high volume transactions
- Proven capability in reducing and controlling overdue receivables
- Proven ability in dealing with difficult customers
- High levels of verbal and written skills
- Ability to negotiate, deal with conflict and make sound decisions
- Ability to self-manage and prioritise daily work load and tasks
- Ability to empathise with customers without losing the desired goal of clearing arrears
This is an excellent opportunity for a commercially minded individual to get their foot in the door with a well-recognised brand. As the successful candidate you will be a highly motivated and driven individual who enjoys a challenge and works well in a team environment.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Sophie Day on 04 471 9744.