Financial Reporting Manager
Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Andrew Hickey
Date posted 29 May 20192019-06-13 2019-07-28 accountancy Napier Hawkes Bay NZ NZD 120000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Excellent opportunity to make your mark in this newly created role.
Strategically positioned on the eastern shipping route of New Zealand, Napier Port connects Central New Zealand businesses to the world. Napier Port has experienced significant growth and investment over the last decade and we are planning for major growth over the next ten years as our regional economy grows.
This is an exciting time to join Napier Port with plenty of opportunity for professional and personal growth. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, with a team of 3 direct reports, the Financial Reporting Manager is a key position within the Napier Port Finance team.
The Financial Reporting Manager will be responsible for leading the financial accounting, taxation and external financial reporting for Napier Port. Reporting through to the Group Financial Controller, The Financial Reporting Manager will need to possess a strong technical background ideally from a Big 4 accounting firm. The successful candidate will ideally have experience working in a listed company environment.
- Technical accounting lead and preparation of Napier Port’s external financial reporting in accordance with NZ IFRS and NZX requirements.
- Meet statutory, NZX, shareholder, and other external and internal requirements in terms of financial reporting, financial control, taxation, and effective financial management.
- Responsibility for the general ledger and the underlying efficient and effective financial processes and systems.
- Partner with the Management Accountant and wider Finance Team to ensure efficient, timely and insightful management reporting and analysis.
- Ensuring appropriate controls, policies and efficient processes are in place to ensure integrity, reliability, and support timely financial reporting and decision making.
- Develop and maintain strong professional relationships with the external auditors and other stakeholders.
- Develop, coach and lead direct reports building capability within the team.
- CA/CPA membership essential.
- Audit background with one of the ‘Big 4’ accountancy firms.
- Strong technical accounting skills and a good working knowledge of NZ taxation.
- Demonstrated financial management experience with leading organisations of a similar scale.
- Experience with public company reporting, governance and regulatory requirements would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong analytical skills and great commercial acumen.
- Experience in presenting, persuading and negotiating with a broad range of audiences.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to learn new concepts quickly.
This role provides a great opportunity to develop in a growing and fast paced environment. This is a very visible role where you will really be encouraged to make your mark.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.