Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Andrew Hickey
Date posted 11 June 20192019-06-13 2019-08-10 accountancy Auckland Auckland AUCKLAND CBD NZ NZD 120000 130000 130000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Excellent opportunity to make your mark in a large well known global business
This global infrastructure business has a very strong presence here in New Zealand. Located in the Auckland CBD, the business really is a market leader.
The Finance Manager will have overall responsibility for leading the NZ accounting team. Reporting through to the Financial Controller, the Finance Manager will be responsible for the completion of the month end reporting cycle, including analysis and reporting, while also managing a team of six accountants. The Finance Manager will be tasked with leading the team, working collaboratively with Financial Controller, CFO and wider finance team within the business partnering framework.
- Lead the accounting team in completing all internal business month end and reporting.
- Support the Business Planning and Reporting Manager with the preparation of all budgets and forecasts.
- Preparation of statutory reporting in line with IFRS.
- Completion of the external audit process and completing all external filing requirements.
- Provide reviews of the monthly results, ensuring that everything is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Leading the preparation of the annual statutory reporting for the business.
- CA/CPA membership essential.
- Audit background with one of the ‘Big 4’ accountancy firms preferred.
- Strong technical accounting skills and a good working knowledge of IFRS
- Demonstrated financial management experience with leading organisations of a similar scale.
- Experience with public company reporting, governance and regulatory requirements would be a distinct advantage.
- Strong analytical skills and great commercial acumen.
- Experience in presenting, persuading and negotiating with a broad range of audiences.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to learn new concepts quickly.
This role provides a great opportunity to develop in a growing and fast paced environment. This is a very visible role where you will really be encouraged to make your mark.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.