Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Andrew Hickey
Date posted 4 July 20192019-07-05 2019-09-02 accountancy West Auckland (Henderson) Auckland West Auckland (Henderson) NZ NZD 130000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Excellent role for a dynamic and driven individual with strong background in financial control.
AS Colour is the leading premium blank apparel supplier across Australia and New Zealand. Although AS Colour is known for its retail stores, the core business is supplying the imprinted sportswear industry across New Zealand, Australia, US and the UK. AS Colour currently has 17 retail stores located in New Zealand, Australia and the UK, with a further four distribution centres located in Auckland, Melbourne, Los Angeles and London. The company is one of New Zealand’s fastest growing apparel companies with high growth mainly in foreign markets.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Financial Controller will have overall responsibility for the finance function of the business. The Financial Controller will also be responsible for providing in-depth reporting, analysis and financial insights that support the decision-making process and assist in growing revenue and achieving long-term business objectives. To be considered for this role, candidates will need to have worked in a multi-currency environment, they will need to have worked for businesses which span multiple countries and they will be required to have a strong background dealing with stock and inventory. The successful candidate will need to have prior staff management experience, especially the ability to lead and mentor junior staff.
- Overall responsibility for the running of the finance function of the business
- Preparation of financial reporting packs to be presented to the Board and the Senior Leadership Team
- Preparation of all budgeting and forecasting
- Management and mentoring of junior staff
- Continual streamlining and improving of internal and external reporting
- Overall responsibility for the Annual Audit process
- Responsibility for all tax calculations and payments across multiple jurisdictions.
- Maintenance and filing of all company information and annual returns
- Processing of all inter-company transactions and reviewing the payroll function
- Ad-hoc tasks as and when required
- Prior experience in a similar Financial Controller/Finance Manager type role
- CA/CPA Qualified or equivalent
- A solid background in technical financial accounting
- A strong background working with inventory and stock
- Experience working for a business operating across multiple regions with multiple currencies
- Experience in forecasting, budgeting and financial analysis combined with an understanding of key business performance indicators
- A ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to get down into the detail when required
- Experience in presenting, persuading and negotiating with a broad range of audiences including senior management
- Prior staff management experience
- Possess flexibility and adaptability to manage changing work requirements and varying volumes of work
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills and great commercial acumen.
This is a fantastic senior leadership opportunity within a growing New Zealand business. The role offers a competitive salary package and the opportunity to make your mark in a successful business.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.