Finance Operations Manager
Salary Competitive Salary and great working environment
Consultant Andrew Hickey
Date posted 2 December 20192019-12-02 2020-01-31 accountancy Greenlane Auckland Auckland Greenlane, Auckland NZ NZD 100 120 120 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This is a newly created role which will have overall responsibility for the shared services function of the business. Reporting to the Financial Controller and managing a team of 16 people, the Finance Operations Manager will be responsible for implementing new processes and procedures while also identifying automation opportunities within the business. To be considered for this role you must have a proven track record being involved in large-scale change projects in complex environments.
This NZX listed business have recently gone through some change in their finance team. With a new leadership team in place the opportunity exists to play a key part in the future development and growth of the business.
- Overall responsibility for the AP function, ensuring that all invoices are entered in the system and overseeing that all payruns are completed in a timely manner
- Overall responsibility for the AR function, managing all billing and invoicing, managing the credit control function and ensuring that all bad debts are minimised
- Leading by example and actively encouraging learning and development of staff
- Identifying and executing automation opportunities
- Driving a culture of innovation and excellence in the team
- Managing the inter-group recharge process
- Providing KPI reporting to key stakeholders as agreed
- Managing the bank reconciliations process
- Experience implementing sizeable changes and process improvements in large complex environments is essential
- Experience managing transactional finance teams in large complex businesses
- 3-5 years management experience
- Experience managing high volume transactional teams
- Experience working with large scale ERP systems and championing change
- Excellent staff management and people skills
- Advanced excel skills
- A keen interest and a proven track record in process automation and innovation
This role offers a fantastic challenge in a large business where success is rewarded. The role offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to develop long term.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.