Salary $115000 - $125000 per annum
Consultant Erin Donkin
Date posted 24 January 2017
This is a great role for an accounting all-rounder; this role will suit a strong business partner with excellent communication skills.
A busy and exciting role for a CA qualified accountant with excellent all round technical skills. This position requires a dynamic, forward thinker with strong commercial acumen. The Finance Manager will have responsibility for the preparation of monthly, half-year and year-end financial statements.
This position will work very closely across the wider business and will report directly to the Financial Controller. This role is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting. You will have the ability to use initiative to help improve processes and procedures. This role is ideal for someone with a can-do attitude and who is able to take ownership of tasks.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year end financial reporting in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices, complying with accounting policies and legislative requirements
- Manage the annual budgeting and the recurring forecast, including co-ordination of divisional plans and budgets
- Review and update finance policies, controls, and procedures to comply with good practice
- Partner with divisional managers and provide financial advice when required
- Prepare and file GST returns and deal with any tax-related issues.
- Oversee the AP and AR functions
- Maintain banking records including daily bank reconciliations
- Ensure all property, insurance, banking and taxation matters are attended to in terms of statutory and legal requirements
- Maintain the fixed assets register
- Liaise with auditors and manage the audit process
- Staff management and mentorship
- Manage and oversee the payroll process
- At least 3 years New Zealand experience in a similar financial accounting type role
- CA/CPA Qualification is essential
- Experience in operational planning, budget management and financial reporting
- Strong business partnering skills and the ability to provide financial advice to the wider business.
- Effective time management and the ability to work to deadlines.
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience with large ERP systems
- Advances excel skills
- The ability to work autonomously and to show initiative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people across the business
- The ability to operate with a high level of initiative and drive.
This role provides a great opportunity for someone to take the next step in their finance career.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Erin Wilson on 09 374 7343.