Finance Manager - Insurance Industry
Salary $110,000 - $120,000 per annum
Consultant Daniel Bradley
Date posted 9 July 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
This is a fantastic opportunity for an accounting all-rounder to work in an interesting and complex industry. This role will suit a technical finance manager who has sound systems experience and a strong excel and IT capability.
An Insurance company going through a cycle of aggressive growth based on the sunny North Shore. The organisation is in the process of acquiring new businesses and expanding hence growing the team.
This is a busy and exciting role for a CA qualified accountant with excellent all round technical skills. This position require a dynamic, forward thinker with strong commercial acumen and IT skills. The Finance Manager will provide high level financial accounting and advisory services and will be supporting the management team. This role is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting. You will have the ability to use initiative to help improve processes and procedures. This role is ideal for someone with a can-do attitude and who is able to take ownership of tasks.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and year end financial reporting in accordance with generally accepted accounting practices, complying with accounting policies and legislative requirements
- Manage the annual budgeting and the recurring forecast, including co-ordination of divisional plans and budgets
- Provide financial and accounting decision making, advice and support to the CFO
- Review and update finance policies, controls, and procedures to comply with good practice
- Work closely with senior management
- Ad hoc projects with regard to recent implementation of ERP system
- Development of core financial systems
- Oversight of 3 staff
- At least 2 years New Zealand experience in a Senior Accounting role in the Insurance industry
- CA qualification is essential
- Experience in operational planning, budget management and financial reporting
- Strong business partnering skills and the ability to provide financial advice to the wider business
- Advanced excel skills
- The ability to work autonomously and to show initiative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people across the business
This role provides a great opportunity to work closely with senior management and make a meaningful impact on an rapidly growing organisation.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Daniel Bradley on 09 374 7355.