Head of Finance
Consultant Andrew Hickey
Date posted 19 September 2018 2018-09-192018-11-18 accountancy 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
Head of Finance role which looks after all areas of finance, business strategy, financial planning, budgeting and analysis.
This global retail business has been in operation for a number of years, they are on the lookout for a dynamic leader who can lead the Auckland operation through the next phase of business growth.
This is the ideal role for a dynamic and driven leader who has a mix of both technical and analytical skills. The Head of Finance will be a key member of the organisation’s leadership team so a commercially minded individual with an operational focus will be required in the role. The Head of Finance role will report directly to the General Manager based in Auckland, there will also be dotted line reporting to the overseas Group Head of Finance.
- Overall responsibility for the review and preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Responsibility for the preparation of business plans, quarterly forecasts and annual budgets
- Development and implementation of financial strategies, goals and projects to support the overall business strategy
- Overall responsibility for a team of approximately 12 employees
- Responsibility for managing the day to day treasury operations of the business
- Ensuring that the business adheres to all statutory reporting requirements
- Responsible for ensuring the business remains tax compliant across all areas of the business
- Monitoring all risk management across the business
- Managing, maintaining and controlling all aspects of the IT function of the business
- Managing all internal and external stakeholders and providing valuable input alongside other members of the senior leadership team
- CA/CPA Qualified or equivalent
- 5+ years experience working in a similar leadership role
- Retail experience preferred but not essential
- Proven commercial and operational experience
- High level analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- The ability to build strong working relationships across the business
- Excellent time management and communication skills
This role provides a great leadership role in a well known global business. The Head of Finance will be a very visible role supporting the General Manager with key business decisions.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.