Finance Manager (12mth FT contract)
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Andrew Hickey
Date posted 8 January 2019 2019-01-082019-03-09 accountancy Auckland CBD NZ NZD 130000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
This role requires a motivated and dynamic leader who can work across the wider organisation, influencing decision making and driving performance.
This New Zealand business is a household name when it comes to the Information Technology services industry. Having been in operation for a number of years the business has expanded and now has offices across New Zealand, Australia and Asia, employing over 5,000 people.
This role will operate as the NZ Accounting Services Manager with overall responsibility for all NZ accounting services and deliverables. With responsibility for a team of 10, you will have overall control of all financial reporting, tax, statutory compliance and financial control for the NZ operation. This position will suit someone who enjoys improving existing processes and someone who enjoys working in a dynamic and changing environment.
- Management of the month end reporting timetable
- Ensuring all accounting tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Ensuring that all tax is calculated and paid in accordance with regulations
- Looking after the year end audit process for the business
- Ensuring that all reconciliations (balance sheet, inventory, tax, intercompany, etc) are completed and reviewed on a monthly basis
- Ensuring that all financial policies are adhered to
- Ownership of all process and system improvement initiatives
- Focus on continuous improvement and facilitating career development for team members
- Working closely alongside the various finance teams and wider business to drive business performance
- CA/CPA qualified or equivalent essential
- 5+ years’ experience in a leadership role, preferably in a global business
- Experienced decision maker and a very competent communicator.
- Demonstrated experience improving processes and efficiencies
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to form sound working relationships with a wide range of staff
- A positive 'can do' approach
- High attention to detail
This role provides a great opportunity in a global business. The role offers a competitive salary and great working conditions.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.