Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Andrew Hickey
Date posted 6 March 2019 2019-03-062019-04-28 accountancy West Auckland NZ NZD 110 130 130 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
Excellent opportunity for a commercial accountant with manufacturing or construction/projects experience.
Glidepath is known around the world for working with customers to design, build, and install integrated, automated, new era baggage handling, security and parcel handling systems that deliver seamless, efficient, and more satisfying experiences.
Over 900 projects and 45 years later, the family business remains true to its founding values of service, doggedness to get it right, and its can-do, will-do ethos.
Today, the New Zealand company with a global reach is evolving into an innovation and technology enterprise originating new products and solutions in collaboration with trusted partners and customers.
But as it imagines the future, some things never change: Relationships and customer service are at Glidepath’s heart.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, This is the ideal role for a dynamic and driven individual with a passion for streamlining and improving existing processes. The Finance Manager role will provide in depth reporting, analysis and financial insights that support the decision-making process and assist in maximising profits and the achievement of long-term business objectives.
Key Responsibilities :
- Preparation of financial reporting packs to be presented to the senior leadership team
- Budgeting and forecasting, planning and monitoring and variance analysis
- Management and mentoring junior staff
- Delivery of detailed business analysis and interpretation of financial data and business drivers Continual streamlining and improving of internal and external reporting
- Assist with costing projects making estimates of new and proposed product costs through various stages of the new product development process
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of BI and other strategic data capabilities that will underpin sound business decisions
- Focus on continuous improvement and the streamlining of existing processes and procedures
- Ad-hoc tasks as and when required
- Experienced Management Accountant/Finance Manager with a minimum of 3+ years in a manufacturing or construction/projects type environment
- CA/CPA qualified or equivalent
- Strong experience with cost accounting, as well as inventory in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with construction projects and percentage-of-completion accounting would be a distinct advantage
- A solid background in technical financial accounting
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including financial modelling and advanced formulas
- Experience in forecasting, budgeting and financial analysis combined with understanding of key business performance indicators.
- Strong analytical skills and great commercial acumen
- Strong technology skills, including experience in data warehouse reporting
- Experience in presenting, persuading and negotiating with a broad range of audiences
- A ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to learn new concepts quickly
This role provides a great opportunity to develop in a growing and fast paced environment. This is a very visible role where you will really be encouraged to make your mark.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.