Group Financial Controller
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Daniel Bradley
Date posted 12 March 2019 2019-03-122019-05-10 accountancy Auckland CBD NZ NZD 140000 170000 170000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
This is a unique opportunity for a driven individual to lead from the front and build relationships with senior stakeholders across the business. An excellent role for a strong mentor and leader.
Aspire2 provide education and vocational training for domestic and international students as well as business to business. Their vision is to create future opportunities for their students by providing world class programmes. Aspire2 pride themselves on building environments to enable their staff and students to thrive. Their overarching objective is to deliver the best possible employment outcomes for their students.
Aspire2 celebrate a culture of excellence, innovation, courage, support and enjoyment. Work life balance and a stimulating work environment is an integral part of their success, delivering their promise to their students and partners.
Aspire2 are privately owned and are a for-profit organisation.
The role of the successful candidate is to ensure the financial affairs of Aspire2 Group and its subsidiaries are managed and controlled to an appropriate high standard.
The successful candidate is expected to build strong relationships with the CEO’s and Commercial Managers of each subsidiary. The role is hands on and manages a high performing team. You will be responsible for managing both the management and financial accounting reporting processes for both the group and all but one of the groups subsidiaries. The group shared service function is responsible for Payroll, AP, and reporting across the group. There is also scope within the role to be involved in process improvements, specifically working with non-financial data, analysis and systems. The role reports into an experienced CFO.
- Build and maintain relationships with people across the business
- Management Reporting
- Budgeting and Forecasting
- Manage external supplier relationships
- Statutory reporting, financial compliance and Tax
- Treasury, Capital, and Financial Risk Management
- Accounts Payable and Payment
- Staff Management (8 Staff)
- Minimum of 7 years accounting experience, ideally 9+ years
- Minimum of 2 years in staff management experience, ideally 4+ years
- Experience in the Education industry is an advantage but not essential
- CA or similar qualification essential
- Strong numerical skills and accounting knowledge
- Intermediate to Advanced Systems skills
- Strong attention to detail
This is a unique opportunity to move into a business with a strong and friendly finance team which will provide the opportunity to learn and utilize your existing skills.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Daniel Bradley on 09 374 7355.