Consultant Andrew Hickey
Date posted 2 April 2017
The financial accountant forms an integral part of the financial reporting team, with interaction across the wider business.
Innovative and growing NZX Top 50 business focused on development and continuous improvement. Year on year growth means opportunities around the wider organisation are common, with the chance to get involved in exciting projects and new developments.
This financial accountant is responsible for implementing and maintaining processes and controls that enable the accurate and timely production of financial reporting for the Sanford Group, which will comply with NZ IFRS. This individual must strive to meet the finance team’s mission, which is “to exceed expectations of stakeholders by providing quality financial services to maximise Sanford’s value”. It is anticipated that this will be achieved through a strong work ethic, excellent analytical skills and attention to detail, all the while acting with integrity. The financial accountant forms an integral part of the financial reporting function, and is a champion of the Sanford values of care, passion and integrity.
- Preparation and processing of daily and monthly related financial transactions and journals.
- Preparation of PAYE, FBT and GST returns, assistance with provisional and income tax calculations and returns.
- Administration and control of key fixed asset register (company and tax).
- Preparation and analysis of half-year and year-end financial statements.
- Administration of funding and derivative transactions.
- Preparation of budget for head office expenditure including analysis of actual performance against budget.
- Assistance with purchasing process and payment releases from group bank accounts.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager and accounts payable and receivable teams to achieve their objective of further centralising these core financial functions.
- Work with the commercial accountants and administrators from around the business to ensure appropriate financial processes and controls, and accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Refinement of daily, weekly and monthly processes and controls to provide reliable and timely financial information, whilst working with a number of financial and non-financial stakeholders.
- Preparation of ad-hoc reporting as required.
- CA qualified
- Honours Degree
- 5+ years’ experience in accounting
- Most recent experience as a financial accountant in a medium/large multi-company corporate or assistant manager/equivalent level in Big 4 firm
- Strong knowledge of NZ IFRS and NZ Tax.
- Experienced at producing NZ IFRS compliant financial reports and statements.
- Ability to work well within a team environment, collaborate with various stakeholders and ensure timely and accurate results
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- An energetic and enthusiastic approach is a must for this role.
- A commitment to developing and refining processes to streamline current financial reporting to ensure an efficient/best practice finance environment.
This role provides a great opportunity to gain commercial experience in a large and well known publicly listed New Zealand business.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.