Salary $80,000 - $85,000 per annum
Consultant Daniel Bradley
Date posted 6 May 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
This is a great opportunity for an established qualified Assistant Accountant or Financial accountant to get into a fantastic industry and into an organisation with great team culture.
OFC is the umbrella organisation of the national football associations within Oceania. Located at Penrose in Auckland, New Zealand, OFC has 11 Member Associations which it supports financially and logistically through various programmes. OFC is the smallest of the world’s six Confederations but is an active participant within the FIFA football community and works to provide support to football’s international governing body.
The role of the Financial Accountant is to provide timely, accurate and insightful reporting that complies with NZ IFRS. This includes both internal reporting that drives business performance and external reporting to meet compliance obligations.
- Month-end accounting responsibilities including journals, execution of key P&L reconciliations, review of balance sheet reconciliations including review and validation of monthly rebate accruals.
- Preparation of monthly internal reporting pack, interpreting financial results to provide key insights regarding business performance.
- Preparation of monthly external reporting pack to meet compliance obligations.
- Driving year-end financial close and reporting (including preparation of annual financial statements that comply with NZ IFRS).
- Liaise with external auditors to ensure internal and external reporting deadlines are met.
- CA/CPA qualified
- Ability to drive internal controls in a fast paced, innovative environment.
- Great communication skills and a good team player.
- Fantastic attention to detail and time management skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills and solution focused.
- Self starter and proactive approach to continuous improvement.
- A high level of integrity and reliability.
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills.
- Strong knowledge of NZ IFRS required.
- Experience in monthly and annual reporting, preferably in a listed company environment.
This role provides a great opportunity to gain experience in a fast paced environment surrounded by a competent finance team all within a exciting industry.
Please note any CV’s sent directly to OFC will be redirected to Robert Walters for consideration.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Daniel Bradley on 09 374 7355.