Balance Sheet Manager
Consultant Emma Stevenson
Date posted 13 June 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
As a leading Chinese bank, they offer an extensive range of financial products and services including account management, remittance, international settlement, trade finance, and mortgage loans. Based in Auckland CBD, they place focus on generating value for their clients as they aim to boost the economic and trade relationship between New Zealand and China.
The Balance Sheet Manager is involved in strategic projects, policy and procedure maintenance. The incumbent will be tasked with managing the Balance Sheet with respect to Liquidity/Funding, Interest Rate and Foreign Exchange Risk.
- Manage the bank’s balance sheets
- Manage liquidity, including daily cash flow management and forecasting
- Maintain and develop automated liquidity reports
- Accurate and timely preparation of treasury related submissions
- Provide treasury related support and prepare reports
- Ensure compliance of the treasury activities
- Writing, reviewing and development of treasury related policies
- At least 5 years experience in a similar role (preferably banking)
- Relevant post graduate qualification (CA/CFA/MBA) preferable
- Solid understanding of balance sheet structure and associated risks
- Knowledge of key banking regulations related to treasury (both local and offshore)
- Demonstrates rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
- Trading experience and management of risk exposures will be an advantage
- NZ local debt issuance experience preferred
This is a great opportunity to join a leading global bank where you will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career on the global scale.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Emma Stevenson on 09 374 7364.