Salary $110,000 - $120,000 per annum + Competitive Salary
Consultant Emma Stevenson
Date posted 22 August 2018 2018-08-222018-10-19 accountancy 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
An exciting opportunity within a large New Zealand bank for an experienced accountant with recent financial services exposure.
About the company:
This is a large financial services organisation with a collaborative, inclusive and open culture. With offices in Auckland CBD, the company offers a flexible approach to working.
About the role:
This is an ideal role for a CA/CPA qualified (or equivalent) accountant with experience in financial services. The ideal candidate will have exposure to working in large organisations and will have excellent stakeholder management skills. The ideal candidate will also be systems and processes orientated. The successful candidate will undertake financial and/or management accounting and compliance tasks, primarily in relation to the organisation’s external financial and regulatory reporting obligations.
- Prepare professional, complete and accurate entity financial and regulatory reporting
- Responsible for assisting in the preparation, review, detailing analysis and reporting
- Regulatory reporting preparation, review and analysis of various regulatory and statistical returns
- Management reporting preparation review and analysis
- Provide timely and accurate accounting data to internal customers for further analysis, decision making and consolidation
- Work with business functions to understand individual transactions and advise to facilitate correct reporting and disclosure
- Ensure an effective internal control and operations environment is maintained.
- CA/CPA Qualified or equivalent
- 3+ years experience working in a similar role
- Experience working in financial services industry
- Broad knowledge, experience and understanding of Financial Services operations/industry
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Process and systems orientated
- The ability to build strong working relationships
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- HRM/SAP experience desirable
Career Opportunities/ Selling points:
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to join a large financial services organisation who take a flexible approach to work and provide excellent options for career progression.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Emma Stevenson on 09 374 7364.