Consultant Andrew Hickey
Date posted 23 September 2018 2018-09-232018-11-10 accountancy 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
Important role which will support the CFO in running the overall finance function of the business.
This award winning New Zealand owned company really are a leader in their field. If you’re looking for a company that values their staff then this really is the role for you. With a small but well functioning finance team, this role offers a variety of tasks so you will really get the opportunity to learn the inner workings of the business.
This is the ideal role for a dynamic and driven individual with a range of both financial and management accounting skills. Working alongside key business stakeholders including the CFO, Head of Sales & Marketing and the Production team, the financial accountant will be critical to the success of the business. To be successful in this role, you will need to possess both strong technical accounting skills and a commercial mindset. You will be responsible for ensuring that the financial and administrative operations are run in an effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure the accuracy of the balance sheet through timely reviews and reconciliations
- Preparation of all monthly and quarterly reporting
- Production of weekly and monthly management accounts
- Production of product costings when required
- Preparation of weekly cashflow statements
- Involvement in the preparation of annual budgets and ad hoc forecasts
- Preparation of all GST and NRWT returns
- Assisting the CFO with the annual audit process
- CA/CPA Qualified or equivalent is preferred
- 3+ years experience working in a similar financial accounting focused role.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- The ability to build strong working relationships
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- High level analytical skills and strong attention to detail
This role provides a great opportunity to develop in a growing and fast paced environment. This is a pivotal role supporting the senior leadership team.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.