Salary $90,000 - $100,000 per annum
Location Mount Wellington
Consultant Andrew Hickey
Date posted 1 October 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
Broad role with overall responsibility for the finance function of the business.
New Zealand based company who are going through a period of rapid growth. This eco-friendly business is focused on providing healthy and safe consumer products to the market.
This is the ideal role for a solid cost accountant with a good grounding in all aspects of financial and management accounting. While the focus will be on cost accounting, the successful candidate will also look after all aspects of the finance function of the business. You will be responsible for overseeing the transactional functions right up to the preparation of the financial reports.
- Accountable for all aspects of product costing within the business
- Assisting with target costing projects, making estimates of new and proposed costs through various stages of new product development.
- Providing management with specific reporting, comparing factors which effect price and profitability
- Analysing any changes which impact on cost and margin.
- Providing financial support to the operations team.
- Preparation of budgets and forecasting, including management reporting and variance analysis.
- Preparation of CAPEX budgets and monitoring of actual expenditure versus budgets
- Overseeing the AP/AR function of the business
- Preparation of all management reporting and Board reports.
- CA/CPA Qualified or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in cost accounting roles.
- Experience of variance analysis and reporting in a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced excel skills
- Broad experience in business partnering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Problem solving skills and excellent attention to detail.
This role provides a great opportunity to develop in a growing business.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.