Senior Group Accountant
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Andrew Hickey
Date posted 1 March 2019 2019-03-012019-04-30 accountancy Auckland CBD NZ NZD 110000 125000 125000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
This role requires a high quality Group Accountant with excellent knowledge of IFRS, group consolidations and intercompany transactions.
This New Zealand business is a household name when it comes to the Information Technology services industry. Having been in operation for a number of years the business has expanded and now has offices across New Zealand, Australia and Asia, employing over 5,000 people.
The Group Accountant is responsible for reporting the firm’s results to the Board and external stakeholders, including statutory accounts, key financial performance indicator data, profitability information, external audit liaison and management of the Taxation and Treasury functions. This includes managing the reporting process throughout the organisation to ensure consistent, high quality and timely data. The group reporting function also provides support to the group’s internal finance team by being the centre of excellence for the group’s technical accounting requirements.
- Preparation of monthly and annual multi-currency financial accounts
- Assist the Group Finance Manager with preparation of IFRS compliant financial statements disclosures and position papers
- Preparation of financial and non-financial reporting to the Board
- Assist the Group Finance Manager with external audit requests, trial balance reviews
- Preparation financial analysis covering financial performance, balance sheet, working capital requirements, and monitoring capital spend to track operational performance of the Group
- Assist with preparation and analysis of budgeted and forecast for the Corporate departments
- Assist the Group Finance Manager with NZ IFRS 15 and NZ IFRS 16 implementation projects, including designing relevant corporate policies and procedures around these areas
- Manage the company’s employee share scheme, and preparation of Trust accounts for the scheme
- CA/CPA qualified or equivalent preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in a similar group reporting role
- Proven experience in consolidated multi-currency financial reporting for a complex listed global organisation
- Experienced decision maker and a very competent communicator.
- Demonstrated experience improving processes and efficiencies
- Experience in accounting for employee share schemes is an added advantage
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Highly developed analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to form sound working relationships with a wide range of staff
- A positive 'can do' approach
- High attention to detail
This role provides a great opportunity in a global business. The role offers a competitive salary and great working conditions.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.