Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Emma Stevenson
Date posted 10 March 2019 2019-03-102019-05-09 accountancy Onehunga NZ NZD 80000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
Broad role primarily responsible for undertaking accounting tasks and functions for the Group, ensuring that month end process of the Finance Team is completed on time.
With its head office in Auckland, this business really is a leader in their industry. With a focus on innovation and the environment, this role will suit a CA Qualified Accountant with excellent technical skills looking for a great commercial position.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for undertaking accounting tasks and functions for the Group, ensuring that the month end process of the Finance Team is completed on time. The role works closely with the Financial Controller and Finance Manager, collaborating to ensure the month end process is completed with particular focus on compliance, fixed assets and funding.
- Ensures the integrity of the Fixed Assets Register
- Calculation of monthly tax and accounting depreciation of fixed assets
- Reconciles interest and bank fee schedules
- Preparation of detailed work papers for the Group financial statements
- Assisting the Finance Manager in compiling the monthly and quarterly pack
- Preparation of monthly reports to update forecast model
- Preparation of monthly Capital Expenditure reports
- Other tasks as requested by the Financial Controller.
- CA/CPA qualified
- CA Experience preferred
- 3+ years of accounting working experience, demonstrating in-depth knowledge of financial accounting and systems
- Knowledge of New Zealand IFRS standards and Tax compliance
- Working knowledge of general ledger, payroll processors, and other sub ledgers
- Experience in group consolidations preferred
- Intermediate to advanced level with Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook and Excel.
This role provides a great opportunity to develop in a growing and fast paced environment. This is a very visible role where you will really be encouraged to make your mark.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Emma Stevenson on 09 374 7364.