Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Emma Stevenson
Date posted 27 May 20192019-06-13 2019-07-26 accountancy Auckland CBD Auckland AUCKLAND CBD NZ NZD 100000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/logo.gif
Broad role with overall responsibility for the New Zealand branch’s tax compliance and advisory services
An exciting opportunity within a global Financial Services institution for an experienced Tax Accountant.
This is a global financial services organisation with a collaborative, inclusive and open culture. With offices in Auckland CBD, the company offers a flexible approach to working.
This is an ideal role for a CA/CPA qualified (or equivalent) accountant with experience in local tax legislation. The Tax Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the tax compliance for the New Zealand branch. The Tax Manager will also be responsible for tax advisory across the business and representing tax in internal and external forums. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and stakeholder management skills as well has extensive tax accounting and advisory experience.
- Responsibility for ensuring operational tax compliance
- Responsibility for managing corporate tax compliance, tax accounting and audit activities
- Provide tax advice to all levels of New Zealand management and business units on all tax issues
- Tax advisory across the business
- Review and assessment of implication to the NZ branch from tax legislation changes
- Communication, oversight and/or implementation of changes in tax compliance
- Tax risk reviews of other departments
- Represent tax in internal and external forums.
- CA/CPA Qualified or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in tax
- Experience working in financial services industry
- Subject matter expertise in tax
- Broad knowledge, experience and understanding of Financial Services operations/industry
- Communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to articulate the case for risk management in the language of business
- Ability to make robust decisions.
- Career Opportunities
This role provides a fantastic opportunity to join a global financial services organisation for an experienced tax accountant.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Emma Stevenson on 09 374 7364.