Fixed Assets Accountant (12 mth Fixed Term)
Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Andrew Hickey
Date posted 20 August 20192019-08-20 2019-09-19 accountancy Auckland CBD Auckland AUCKLAND CBD NZ NZD 90000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This is a great contract role for a strong fixed assets accountant with at least 4 years accounting experience.
Dynamic global organisation in the IT industry. This New Zealand business has grown into a truly global organisation with 30 offices across New Zealand, Australia, Asia, US and the UK.
The Fixed Assets Accountant position is responsible for the processing of fixed assets and lease transactions; ongoing analysis of balance sheet and income statement accounts; design, improvement and enforcement of processes; and researching technical issues. This position must monitor those data accumulation systems needed to provide an appropriate level of information to management. General ledger responsibilities include creating journal entries and assembling supporting documentation, tracking the contents of general ledger accounts, reconciling sub ledgers to general ledger accounts, assisting with the monthly close process, processing transactions and creating portions of the financial statements. The Fixed Assets Accountant will oversee the fixed asset and leasing transactions from the time of purchase to the time disposed of or sold to ensure proper financial statement presentation and tax application (local, state and country).
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of the intangible and tangible fixed asset ledger, operating, capital and intercompany leases and conduct month-end closing activities such as account reconciliations, journal entries and adjustments.
- Process and monitor fixed asset related transactions including acquisitions and dispositions.
- Monitor and report monthly capital expenditure activities and prepare entries to record capital projects into the General Ledger.
- Perform analysis over fixed asset and leasing activity, ensuring appropriate application of IFRS. Interpret and point out trends or deviations from standard.
- Perform analysis of fixed asset variances and roll-forwards to provide management and auditors with explanations for period to period changes.
- Generate monthly depreciation postings, intercompany billings, and periodic accounting reports to management.
- Collaborate on technology upgrades and changes related to fixed asset accounting.
- Monitor and report monthly capital expenditure to stakeholders along with assistance in forecasting capital spend
- Assist in year-end audit process including preparation of audit schedules and interfacing with external and internal auditors.
- CA/CPA Qualification
- Minimum of 3+ years accounting experience in a similar role
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Experience working in a business with multiple entities and jurisdictions
- The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
This is the great opportunity to work in an interesting and fast paced organisation in a fantastic environment. The role offers a competitive salary and professional growth.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.