Intercompany Accountant (12 mth Fixed Term)
Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Andrew Hickey
Date posted 20 August 20192019-08-20 2019-09-19 accountancy Auckland CBD Auckland AUCKLAND CBD NZ NZD 90000 110000 110000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This is a great role for a strong Financial Accountant with excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
Dynamic global organisation in the IT industry. This New Zealand business has grown into a truly global organisation with 30 offices across New Zealand, Australia, Asia, US and the UK.
The Intercompany accountant is responsible for managing and supporting the Group’s month-end closing process relating to intercompany transactions and consolidations, reconciliation of intercompany accounts, and other related transactions. The candidate must be very detail-oriented, highly motivated, a team player with a strong sense of urgency and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment where changing priorities may occur frequently based on operational needs. This role sits within the Shared Services Function with dotted lines into Group Finance. The role includes intercompany accounting across a range of companies within the wider group, both locally and internationally.
- Manage, prepare and perform the monthly close activities relating to intercompany transactions and consolidations, reconciliation of intercompany accounts, and other related transactions
- Oversee the subsidiary month end close process
- Oversee intercompany reconciliations among all the entities and prepare summary schedules for the intercompany transactions across the Group
- Make intercompany payments and coordinate the application of intercompany cash receipts
- Maintain and communicate accurate foreign exchange rates in accounting systems to support proper intercompany reconciliations
- Prepare intercompany reconciliations and monitor resolution of reconciling differences
- Be the point of contact for all intercompany accounting processes and related issues (intercompany sales, loans, payable settlements, transfer pricing, etc.)
- Partner and collaborate with Accounting, Tax, Cost and Operations teams to streamline processes and develop controls and effective accounting policies in accordance with IFRS and industry best practices
- CA/CPA Qualification
- Minimum of 3+ years accounting experience in a similar role
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience working in a business with multiple entities and jurisdictions
- The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
This is the great opportunity to work in an interesting and fast paced organisation in a fantastic environment. The role offers a competitive salary and professional growth.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.