Senior Financial Accountant
Salary $120,000 - $140,000 per annum
Location Wellington CentralFULL_TIME
Consultant Chris Whitley
Date posted 14 November 20192019-11-14 2020-01-13 accountancy Wellington Central Wellington NZ NZD 120000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Here is your opportunity to join a successful crown entity in an exciting role as the Senior Financial Accountant.
Reporting to the Chief Finance Officer, this is a self-led role where you can utilise your technical expertise as part of an entity that draws on initiative.
As the Senior Financial Accountant, you will:
• Be responsible for the preparation and integrity of external financial reporting
• Remain accountable for the compliance with tax obligations
• Contribute to the continual enhancement of the financial control environment
• Effectively contribute to the development of the Business Services Group’s strategy, supporting business plans, and alignment of operational work
• Ensure work programmes, projects and ongoing services/service levels are delivered effectively and meet targets or expectations as required.
• Continuously monitor the internal and external environment to identify, evaluate and implement or recommend action
• Contribute to the production of commercially astute management information and analysis to support the business
As the successful candidate you are:
• CA qualified (or equivalent) with at least 5 years post qualified experience in financial control and management reporting
• You are an effective communicator who can successfully interact openly and effectively, ensuring messages are clear and concise, with an ability to communicate effectively with multiple audiences
• You have a sound understanding of the reporting cycle and evidence of a strong commercial focus. With an in-depth knowledge of financial software systems, using a high level of computer literacy
• You are analytically minded, with strong interpersonal skills for building productive collaborative relationships both internally and externally
• Your technical knowledge partnered with your ability to engage with the business will ensure you fit into this performance driven team with ease
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Chris Whitley on 04 471 9751.