Salary $80,000 - $90,000 per annum
Consultant Becky Morris-Jones
Date posted 3 June 2022auckland accountancy-finance/financial-accountant 2022-06-06 2022-08-02 accountancy Auckland Auckland NZ NZD 80000 90000 90000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
To work within the financial reporting team with a client business focus, providing quality services in financial and management accounting, taxation, fixed assets, budgets and forecasting. The key objectives of the Finance team are to provide effective services to internal and external customers that satisfy all regulatory and internal customer services need.
- Critically reviews processes and systems to drive efficient and effective outcomes
- Identifies and executes automation opportunities
- Is known as the expert / go-to person in areas of responsibility
- Takes responsibility for the preparation of monthly financial management accounts for client businesses
- Provides an analysis and commercially sound commentary and insight on the monthly financial performance of client businesses
- Explain key variances to the Business Managers
- Carry out ad hoc analysis as required
- Completes monthly account reconciliations
- Ensures processes are in place to provide accurate and timely monthly reporting
- Liaises with client businesses regarding financial issues and ensuring a timely and accurate response to client financial enquiries
- Prepares dividend proposal including cash flow and other documentation
- Identify key financial risk areas and work with the finance manager to mitigate the risks
- Takes responsibility for producing and analysing year-end financial accounts
- Prepares annual statutory accounts for client businesses
- Liaises with the external auditors during year-end audits
- Completing and lodging the company’s taxation returns for client businesses
- Ensuring all client businesses taxation obligations are met
- Liaising with the tax advisor and Inland Revenue on day to day compliance matters
- Ensuring statutory returns (GST, FBT, RWT and other indirect taxes and statistics department) are completed and deadlines are met for client businesses
- Take responsibility for managing and maintaining fixed asset registers for clients’ businesses.
- Develop collaborative and supportive relationships with business unit leaders to learn about the challenges of the business for planning.
- Assist with the compilation of the annual budget for client businesses
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of meaningful forecasts
- Take responsibility for personal continuing professional development in order to enhance knowledge, skills and values needed for meeting the demands of the role and new challenges.
- Set personal goal plan based on the company's objectives and maintain a performance work plan with target dates for achievement
- Expand knowledge of industry best practice in Finance, Taxation, Management Accounting
- Tertiary and professionally qualified Chartered Accountant
- Three to five years commercial experience in financial and management accounting
- Up to date knowledge of NZ accounting and tax legislation
- Champion of best practice and process improvement
- Significant financial system experience – in particular system change / implementation
- Methodical and detailed in approach to tasks
- Highly results-driven and performance orientated
- Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
- Champion of best practice and process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work to deadlines, and flex when these move
- Advanced excel skills
- Go the extra mile to assist others – looks for opportunities to help and support colleagues.
- Communicate directly and honestly and respectfully while avoiding being negative.
- Proactive rather than reactive. Able to avoid mistakes that could/should be anticipated.
- Well prepared and organised. Plans ahead as much as possible.
- Carries out all responsibilities and action items in a purposeful way.Displays a positive viewpoint; sees the good in situations and how they can make things better – pushes through setbacks.
- Able to work confidently and effectively without direct supervision.
- Punctual and reliable, aware of rostered shift, working correct hours and sticking to allocated rest periods.Consistent work accuracy to a high standard.Display particular attention to maintaining a professional appearance and manner at all times
Salary: NegotiableLocation: AucklandDate posted: 27 June 2022We have partnered up with a leading Property firm in the heart of the Auckland CBD to search for an Assistant Property Accountant to join their friendly and inclusive team! This very well known and respected organisation offers a wide range of employee benefits like bonus incentives, home office allowance, support for CA/CPA studies, work from home flexibility, social events, wellness programmes, occasional company parking, insurance and so much more!
Salary: NegotiableLocation: AucklandDate posted: 25 May 2022A great role within a company who manufacture carpets and ship to both New Zealand and Australia are looking for an Accounts Receivable superstar to join their team.