Assistant Manager, Audit
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Gabriella Vettoretti
Date posted 5 July 2022christchurch accountancy-finance/financial-accountant 2022-07-18 2022-09-03 accountancy Christchurch Canterbury Christchurch NZ 8011 Audit New Zealand https://auditnz.parliament.nz/ https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/client-job-logos/audit-nz.gif
At Audit New Zealand, we are committed to doing everything we can to improve the performance of, and the public’s trust in, the public sector. We carry out annual audits of hundreds of public entities on the Auditor-General’s behalf to give taxpayers and ratepayers assurance that public entities are appropriately reporting on how they spend public money and on the services they have provided.
We’re looking for Assistant Managers to join our offices across New Zealand to work with a variety of for profit and the public benefit entities within central and local government. As an Assistant Manager you will have at least two years’ experience after achieving your CA (or equivalent) qualification. As an Assistant Manager, you will lead our audit teams, complete the more technical sections of an audit, and work with our larger and more complex clients.
Our offices are based across Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Palmerston North, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin and we are open to Assistant Managers joining in any of these locations.
- Lead audit teams, ensuring that they perform high quality audit and assurance engagements.
- Engage with client representatives before and during all phases of the audit, to build knowledge of the entity’s business and its audit risks (both financial and non-financial).
- Supervise and coach other members of the audit team, ensuring that they understand what is expected, and that their work is of an appropriate standard.
- Monitor audit progress against the Audit Plan and the audit budget, ensuring that the Audit Manager and relevant client contacts are kept informed of progress and issues.
- Chartered Accountant (CA) with the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ) or a member of a similar overseas professional body
- Knowledge of and experience applying the Accounting Standards Framework (For-profit entities and Public benefit entities) and the International Standards of Auditing
- At least two years’ post-qualified experience in external audit
- Experience supervising and coaching others.
This is an opportunity to join an organisation whose work is solely to improve New Zealand's public sector. People matter, our independence is critical, we act with integrity and courage, and we’re here to make a difference.