Assistant Manager, Audit
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Gabriella Vettoretti
Date posted 20 July 2022auckland accountancy-finance/financial-accountant 2022-07-20 2022-09-18 accountancy Auckland Auckland Auckland NZ Audit New Zealand https://auditnz.parliament.nz/
At Audit New Zealand, we are committed to doing everything we can to improve the performance of, and the public’s trust in, the public sector. We carry out annual audits of hundreds of public entities on the Auditor-General’s behalf to give taxpayers and ratepayers assurance that public entities are appropriately reporting on how they spend public money and on the services they have provided.
We’re looking for Assistant Managers to join our offices across New Zealand to work with a variety of for profit and the public benefit entities within central and local government. As an Assistant Manager you will have at least two years’ experience after achieving your CA (or equivalent) qualification. As an Assistant Manager, you will lead our audit teams, complete the more technical sections of an audit, and work with our larger and more complex clients. We have opportunities for Assistant Managers to join us on both a permanent and fixed term basis.
- Lead audit teams, ensuring that they perform high quality audit and assurance engagements.
- Engage with client representatives before and during all phases of the audit, to build knowledge of the entity’s business and its audit risks (both financial and non-financial).
- Supervise and coach other members of the audit team, ensuring that they understand what is expected, and that their work is of an appropriate standard.
- Monitor audit progress against the Audit Plan and the audit budget, ensuring that the Audit Manager and relevant client contacts are kept informed of progress and issues.
- Chartered Accountant (CA) with the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ) or a member of a similar overseas professional body
- Knowledge of and experience applying the Accounting Standards Framework (For-profit entities and Public benefit entities) and the International Standards of Auditing
- At least two years’ post-qualified experience in external audit
- Experience supervising and coaching others.
This is an opportunity to join an organisation whose work is solely to improve New Zealand's public sector. People matter, our independence is critical, we act with integrity and courage, and we’re here to make a difference.
Salary: Competitive SalaryLocation: TaurangaDate posted: 20 July 2022At Audit New Zealand, we are committed to doing everything we can to improve the performance of, and the public’s trust in, the public sector. We carry out annual audits of hundreds of public entities on the Auditor-General’s behalf to give taxpayers and ratepayers assurance that public entities are appropriately reporting on how they spend public money and on the services they have provided.
Salary: $120,000 - $140,000 per annumLocation: AucklandDate posted: 1 August 2022* Supporting product squads to identify new growth opportunity * Providing the commercial strategy, financial analysis and market assessment for decision making * Supporting partnership development and negotiation * Prioritising the teams work based on business and customer value
Salary: NegotiableLocation: AucklandDate posted: 28 July 2022The Senior Management Accountant is required to provide accurate and timely internal management reporting services providing commentary and insight into current business performance and future forecasting and budgets for the company.
Salary: $90,000 - $120,000 per annumLocation: AucklandDate posted: 25 July 2022Exciting opportunity for an experienced Accountant looking to join a well known Real Estate firm - Opportunity for growth in your Finance Career - Friendly, inclusive and supportive culture - Lots of benefits including flexible working arrangements
Salary: NegotiableLocation: AucklandDate posted: 19 July 2022Spark's Networks and IT Investment Chapter is looking for an Associate Investment Business Partner to help them balance the technical and commercial outcome of programmes. They look after a large capital expenditure budget and are charged with leading the trade-offs between customer requirements, technology, execution, and available capital.