Salary Competitive salary
Location Wellington Central
Consultant Sophie Day
Date posted 11 July 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
This reputable New Zealand organisation is looking to appoint a Management Accountant for a 12-month fixed term capacity. You will have the opportunity to assist on an exciting implementation project achieving real and tangible results.
In the role you will work with the Team Leader Management Account to support the Integration workstream managers with budgeting, management accounting, reporting, analysis, financial forecasting, and other management accounting services.
You will also be responsible for some core business management accounting activities as the integration programme continues to “integrate” into the business. This is likely to involve having the management accounting responsibility of looking after a business directorate.
• Co-ordinate and develop the budgets for assigned workstreams ensuring budgets are accurate and robust.
• Act as an advocate for assigned Business Units on financial matters as required
• Provide a financial advisory role to assigned business units
• Review and analyse financial performance of business units & expenditure codes, including variance analysis & forecasting outturns
• Prepare financial reports and commentaries for managers
• Advise customers on budgeting, accounting processes and general financial and accounting matters
• Ensure variances to the budgets are understood and explained
• Prepare financial reports and commentaries for workstreams
• Degree in Accountancy or other related discipline
• Chartered Accountant (CA) or equivalent qualification
• Experience in Project and Programme environments
• Extensive experience and understanding of modern finance systems
• Advanced levels of computer literacy, including Excel
• Significant experience in effective internal stakeholder management
• Advanced understanding of a budgeting forecasting and reporting systems.
• Be self-managing, motivated and use initiative
This is an excellent opportunity for a driven, hands-on individual to get involved with an exciting project at a reputable NZ organisation. As the ideal candidate you will be a personable and practical individual who enjoys a challenge and wants to further their professional career.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Sophie Day on 04 471 9744.