Salary Competitive salary
Location Wellington Central
Consultant Sophie Day
Date posted 12 July 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
This reputable organisation is looking to appoint a Management Accountant to join its high functioning team of Finance Business Analysts and Assistant Business Analysts in a permanent capacity.
In this role as Management Accountant, you will contribute to a team of Finance Business Analysts and Assistant Business Analysts to help the team achieve the goal of being a centre of excellence for business support and advice within the organisation. The Management Accountant is responsible for partnering with their allocated business units through the provision of accurate and reliable information on which to monitor performance and make strategic decision.
• Effectively integrate the finance function across the organisation into business units through the provision of high quality, value-adding services and advice.
• Develop appropriate business and financial models for the provision of the organisations services and the stewardship and its assets.
• Provide business and financial leadership/partnering through the provision of high quality business advise, reporting and support.
• Provision of high quality capital investment analysis and advise for new and proposed CAPEX.
• Monitor and report on all aspects of the organisations Business Unit’s financial and non-financial performance.
• Facilitate and promote business partnering with team and allocated business units.
• Analyst and review budgets to ensure they meet financial costs, benefits and objective attributed to them.
• Work with managers to ensure accurate financial information forms an integral part of both their immediate decisions and future strategic decisions.
• Relevant tertiary qualification, and membership of NZ Institute of Chartered Accountants is preferable
• High calibre finance professional with experience in an accounting or business environment.
• Experience in understanding strategic outcomes, particularly non-financial outcomes.
• Ability to understand and create complex financial models.
• Ability communicate the “big picture” and be prepare to deliver and analyse the detail.
• Operationally skilled in using common computer software packages such as MS Excel and Word. Skills in MS Power Point is also useful.
The ideal candidate will be a personable and motivated individual, who has strong communication skills and a proactive attitude.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Sophie Day on 04 471 9744.