Salary Competitive salary
Location Wellington CentralFULL_TIME
Consultant Sophie Day
Date posted 23 September 2018 2018-09-232018-11-11 accountancy 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
Te Tumu Paeroa are an independent, professional trustee organisation which protects and grows assets on behalf of over 95,000 Māori landowners.
Te Tumu Paeroa manage over 1,800 trusts, companies and joint ventures across more than 90,000 hectares of Māori freehold land. A permanent opportunity has arisen for a Management Accountant to join their Finance Team, reporting directly to the CFO.
About the role:
The Management Accountant will provide assistance to the Trusts team with finance reporting and analysis. It will also provide financial training to help the staff of the organisation better understand the financial information they use. Working in a highly collaborative environment this is a key role supporting processes across the Finance team.
- Provide financial information and support to larger non-enterprise trusts
- Be the key point of contact for the organisation regarding financial literacy training
- Take responsibility for the report for the GP Fund owned entities held within the Common Fund. In addition, manage the audit process for these entities.
- Provide assistance with the year-end process for the Common Fund, Common Fund entities and the Māori Trustee accounts
- Complete project work as and when requested to do so by the Chief Financial Officer.
- Take responsibility to complete the Distributable income process each month-end with the assistance of the Assistant Accountant
- Take responsibility for the Finance Team input into the annual distribution process and the tasks that fall within it. This includes management of Pūtea accounts that create exceptions when distributions are created
- Manage the fee billing process each year where fees are not generated by other teams
- Support the Trusts team with new business due diligence and also manage the finance input into the hand over process for entities that are leaving
- Provide assistance to the team managing deceased estates and disability trusts to ensure the finance aspects of these trusts are well understood, and good decisions are made
- Manage the audit process for smaller trusts in the Common Fund
- Chartered Accountant with a minimum of 3 - 5 years in accounting roles
- This is a busy role that requires discretion, diplomacy and reliability. You will need to build trusted relationships with key stakeholders across the business.
- A strong understanding of accounting procedures and previous experience in the preparation of financial statements will be critical to your success in this role.
- You will present with strong organisation skills, a solutions-focused approach to problems and excellent Excel skills with an eye for system and reporting improvements
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise work with a thorough, professional approach and strong work ethic.
This is a diverse role with exposure to both commercial and not for profit accounting and an opportunity to work for a reputable government organisation. This role is well suited to someone who enjoys working in a complex and interesting role which allows for engagement right across the business
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Sophie Day on 04 471 9744.