Project Accountant - permanent
Consultant Daniel Bradley
Date posted 1 October 2018 2018-10-012018-11-27 accountancy 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
This is a great opportunity for an individual with 2-4 years post qualification experience to join an iconic New Zealand company, in a role that is heavily involved in the commercial side of the organisation.
This NZX listed organisation is a global leader in their field. With a newly built campus based in Highbrook, they have manufacturing and R&D on site with additional manufacturing resources overseas.
This position is a crucial role to the business. It acts a bridge between the finance teams and operations. The role is responsible for partnering with department heads and project managers to advise and assist them in budgeting, CAPEX, analysis (both ad hoc and monthly), business cases, fixed assets. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years post qualification experience or have worked in a similar role. Communication skills are critical as this role partners with people across the business both domestically and internationally.
- Assisting project managers in development of capital project business cases
- Manage financial projects across the organisation
- Provide training and education to the wider business on accounting processes
- Act as a business partner to provide analysis, expertise and recommendations to the management team
- Assist with annual budgeting process in consultation with project managers and department heads.
- Initiate and manage complex ad hoc projects
- Analyse and write commentary on monthly management reports
- Fixed Asset stock take
- Produce post project reviews to ensure projects have delivered expected outcomes
- At least two years of post qualification experience (CA/CPA) or equivalent commercial experience
- Ability to partner with a business and think commercially
- Experience in project accounting or accounting for CAPEX projects.
- Ability to work independently and challenge the status quo
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills crucial
- The right to work in New Zealand
This is a great opportunity for someone with a few years commercial experience to get involved in an exciting role within a fantastic organisation.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Daniel Bradley on 09 374 7355.