Salary $75,000 - $85,000 per annum
Consultant Andrew Hickey
Date posted 12 November 2018 2018-11-122018-12-16 accountancy 22 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
Fantastic opportunity to join a large, nationwide company where you will have responsibility for the full accounting processes of three business units. The Accountant will be responsible for the completion and integrity of all financial reporting and accounting.
A large brand in transport, distribution and storage solutions. With their extensive fleet they have branches situated nationwide.
This is a key role in ensuring the accuracy and integrity of all the accounting and financial reporting functions of the group. Situated within a team, the Accountant will be responsible for preparing reports, calculations and assisting with other projects that are required for the group finance team.
- Prepare the monthly management accounts
- Ensure accuracy of all financial transactions
- Provide variance analysis of key revenue and expenditure items
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Provide input for forecasting and budgeting
- Reporting on compliance and preparation for the annual audit
- Business partner with unit managers
- Assist with FBT, GST and tax returns
- CA/CPA qualification or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
- Commercial accounting experience preferred
- Great Microsoft excel skills
- Systems knowledge, intermediate to advanced
- Continuous improvement oriented
- Technical experience – Familiar with ERP systems; knowledge of NZ tax and accounting preferable
- Experience in transport and logistics or service-related industry desirable
This is a very visible role in a well known New Zealand business. The Accountant will be working in a large team to help drive the reporting and accounting function of the business.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.