Financial Reporting Manager
Salary Competitive fixed term salary
Consultant Thomas Wigglesworth
Date posted 30 January 2019 2019-01-302019-03-01 accountancy Wellington NZ NZD 120000 140000 140000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
Fixed term Financial Reporting Manager focusing on preparation of Group Financial statements and process improvement across the Finance team
As the Financial Reporting Manager, you will be part of the Group Finance Team, reporting into the Group Financial Controller.
You will be responsible for leading and facilitating the development of the financial reporting for the Group, be primarily accountable for statutory reporting and balance sheet control while liaising with relevant internal and external stakeholders, and look after 1 x Direct Report in your role.
- Preparation of the Group's financial statements in accordance with NZ IFRS
- Consolidation of the Group results each month and preparation of CFO reporting pack.
- Managing 1 Direct Report (Financial Accountant)
- Prepare Audit Committee and Board memorandums with respect to financial reporting and technical accounting matters.
- Preparation of stock exchange releases relating to financial reporting.
- Ensuring Group accounting policies are adhered to by all Group reporting entities.
- Project work, including transition to new financial reporting standards.
- Preparation of income tax returns, monthly tax accounting and deferred tax for the Group
- CA qualified or equivalent
- Knowledge of IFRS standards
- Experience in a commercial environment
- Experience working with a Listed company preferred
This is a great opportunity for someone with a commercial background to join a driven finance team and add some real value. You'll get hands on experience reporting on the performance of the company, look to improve the way things are done, and have the support of a well established Financial Accountant throughout.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Thomas Wigglesworth on 04 471 9770.