Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Andrew Hickey
Date posted 1 April 20192019-04-01 2019-05-31 accountancy West Auckland NZ NZD 80000 100000 100000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
Excellent mix of both financial and management accounting in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Specialist NZ business in the Construction and Infrastructure sector.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Management Accountant will assist with the day to day accounting and reporting functions for the wider region. The idea candidate will thrive working in a team environment and will use their initiative to streamline processes and procedures. The Management Accountant will be ambitious, driven and ready to take on any challenge which is put in front of them. The role offers excellent career development opportunities in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
• Preparing monthly accounts and P&L reviews for various divisions and departments
• Reviewing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• Providing detailed variance and margin analysis
• Assist with cost to completes as required
• Processing project claims as required
• Undertaking department/job loss making reviews
• Assisting departments with monthly profit forecasting
• Preparing Annual budgets alongside Project Managers
• Involvement in the Year End process
• Providing relevant data analysis and interpretation to engineers and management staff
• Ad hoc tasks as and when required
• 3+ years’ experience in a financial or management accounting role
• CA/CPA qualified or equivalent
• Big 4 background would be an advantage
• Advanced Excel skills
• Strong analytical skills and great commercial acumen
• Strong technology skills and the ability to recommend opportunities for process improvement
• Experience in presenting, persuading and negotiating with a broad range of audiences
• A ‘can do’ attitude and the ability to learn new concepts quickly
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.