Senior Management Accountant
Consultant Kelly Faber
Date posted 8 April 20192019-04-08 2019-06-07 accountancy Wellington CBD Wellington NZ 6011 NZD 95000 115000 115000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
This is a rare opportunity to tangibly contribute to the shaping of an organisations’ future - an exciting time of change.
This organisation contributes to the well-being of New Zealanders. There is plenty of exciting work and career opportunities on the horizon, and they are looking for a motivated individual to join them in a permanent capacity.
You will be an strong finance professional who understands Government decision making and operating procedures, with the ability to demonstrate excellent relationship building skills and the confidence to challenge the business. You will provide effective financial management and support the Ministry's financial strategy. You will be focused on process improvement and are keen to move towards providing a service beyond the purely financial.
- Management of the budgeting and forecasting cycles
- Build relationships with Business Partners and Key Stakeholders to the point of a trusted advisor
- Provide objective, high quality financial advice and analysis on business unit financial and performance issues and opportunities
- Provision of advice to budget holders on the financial results of the Ministry
- Providing in depth analysis where required to assist the Ministry to make well informed financial and resource management decisions
- Working towards CA Qualification ideally
- A sound understanding of public sector financial management
- Familiarity with financial information systems
- Can effectively influence and provide specialist advice to senior managers
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Kelly Faber on 04 471 9700.