Consultant Andrew Hickey
Date posted 17 May 20192019-05-17 2019-06-16 accountancy Newmarket Auckland NZ NZD 95000 105000 105000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz
This is a broad team-based role where the Financial Accountant plays a key role in the preparation of monthly accounts and reporting.
Lotto New Zealand has been one of New Zealand’s most loved brands since 1987 - with 100% of our profits going to good causes across New Zealand, we believe in what we do and we love it! With a great culture and environment, our purpose is front of mind in everything we do.
This is the ideal role for a dynamic and driven individual with a Big 4 background. This is a varied and exciting role which offers excellent learning and career development opportunities. The Financial Accountant will be responsible for providing financial accounting support to Lotto New Zealand’s operations and to support the Financial Controller with all reporting requirements.
- Preparation of reporting from treasury through to budgets and forecasting
- Assisting the Financial Controller with all reporting requirements including treasury, cash flow statements and all half year and year end statutory financial accounts
- Completion of fortnightly payroll and filing of all relevant legislation with the IRD
- Review of daily funding requirements and general investment of prize funds
- Liaising with the banks around term deposits and daily fund transfers
- Maintenance of the fixed assets register
- Contract management
- A commitment to continually improve processes and efficiencies
- CA Qualified or equivalent
- Big 4 background preferred and/or 3+ years’ experience in a similar role
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Manage time effectively and deadline focused
- Great communication skills and the ability to explain financial concepts to the wider business.
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- A strong team player with a collaborative attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This role provides a great opportunity to develop in a collaborative and fast paced environment. This is a very visible role where you will really be encouraged to make your mark.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.