Salary Competitive hourly rate
Location Wellington CentralCONTRACTOR
Consultant Kendall Bushby
Date posted 27 June 20192019-06-27 2019-07-27 accountancy Wellington Central Wellington NZ AUD 75 95 95 HOUR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Opportunity to join the wider financial accounting team in a project capacity to deliver financial business partnering and tangible analysis
A well known organisation is looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to join their team in a project capacity.
The Financial Accountant is a contract role, responsible for evaluating general financial accounting and control responsibilities, as well as the fixed asset register, and communicating with project managers to ensure financial information is correct and communicated to the business.
As the Financial Accountant, you will manage and maintain a number of key relationships. Internally, you will work with project managers, business partners, project managers and the strategic finance team. Externally, you will work with external auditors, vendors and suppliers, and key stakeholders.
- General Financial Accounting and control responsibilities
- Drive accuracy and consistency of the fixed asset register and provide financial analysis and recommendations on fixed asset issues
- Provide advice on capitalisation, re-measurement and other project accounting issues
- Support project managers with the capitalisation process and processing of forms into FMIS
- Identify and participate in business improvement projects as required
- Experience in a number of contract Financial Accounting roles
- Experience in providing fixed asset advice and services in a medium to large organisation
- Chartered Accountant qualification or equivalent is preferred
- Ability to work well under pressure while providing quality outputs
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility with managers and staff
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with senior stakeholders
This is a great opportunity to work in a project capacity and achieve a tangible result for a well regarded business.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Kendall Bushby on 04 471 9732.