Salary $110,000 - $120,000 per annum
Consultant Brad Peck
Date posted 19 August 20192019-08-20 2019-10-18 accountancy Manukau Auckland South Auckland NZ NZD 110000 120000 120000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
We are delighted to be partnering with API Consumer Brands to recruit a proactive Cost Accountant into a strong finance team. Your costing experience will provide accurate insights and timely evaluation to a busy production environment.
API Consumer Brands is a leading New Zealand innovator, manufacturer and marketer of high quality personal care and pharmaceutical products. Based in Manukau, our state-of-the-art production facilities make a wide portfolio of branded and contract manufactured products for New Zealand and around the world.
This role is a key part of the manufacturing function at API Consumer Brands. Effectively functioning as both an efficient costing expert but also a link between the production and finance teams, you will be responsible for preparing accurate and timely product costing; provide analysis and evaluation of costs, overheads and production monitoring.
- Review standard & actual costs for variances. Analyse and explain variances to management effectively and meaningfully
- Take a hands-on approach to building relationships with the production team to view and understand performance and give insights and suggest improvements
- Provide fast and accurate costings for new products
- Ensure accurate recording of costing by material, labour and overheads
- Prepare periodic analysis and present user-friendly data to non-financial managers
- Have a growth mindset and actively seek ways to improve processes
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- At least 5 years’ experience in an FMCG or manufacturing industry in a costing role or similar
- Demonstrable ability to provide pragmatic solutions and engage effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel
- Microsoft AX experience would be advantageous