Newly Qualified Accountant
Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Harriet McKenzie
Date posted 16 May 2022wellington accountancy-finance/financial-management-accountant 2022-06-06 2022-07-15 accountancy Wellington Wellington Wellington CBD NZ 6011 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
An opportunity for you to learn from a high performing Finance team in a well-known Wellington organisation.
A large, complex organisation is seeking a Newly Qualified Accountant. You will join a large finance team that offers growth opportunities business wide. This organisation provides assistance to communities all across New Zealand.
To be successful in this role you will be able to effectively communicate financial situations and should be considered an excellent problem solver. You will be expected to provide financial reporting, trusted analysis and contribute to wider team objectives.
- Assist in the preparation and building of decision-making templates and financial models and reporting
- Support in the preparation of the annual statutory accounts for the group
- Monthly reconciliations of Balance Sheet accounts
- Working with the wider team to provide detailed financial information, reports, and analysis
- Proactively monitor, analyse and report on performance against agreed budgets and KPI’s
- Identify and assist in streamlining financial management and reporting processes
- Recently or soon to be qualified Chartered accountant (NZICA or equivalent professional body)
- Previous experience in a Big 4 or Commercial Company
- Proficient with computerised accounting systems and modelling tools
- A high performing mentality and excellent interpersonal skills
- Confidential security clearance and criminal background and credit checks are required
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Harriet McKenzie on 04 471 9745.
Salary: Competitive SalaryLocation: WellingtonDate posted: 22 June 2022At Audit New Zealand, we are committed to doing everything we can to improve the performance of, and the public’s trust in, the public sector. We carry out annual audits of hundreds of public entities on the Auditor-General’s behalf to give taxpayers and ratepayers assurance that public entities are appropriately reporting on how they spend public money and on the services they have provided.
Salary: $55,000 - $75,000 per annum + CompetitiveLocation: WellingtonDate posted: 17 May 2022This role is a stepping stone for a candidate that is eager to grow and learn new skills.