Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Harriet McKenzie
Date posted 20 May 2022wellington accountancy-finance/financial-management-accountant 2022-06-06 2022-07-19 accountancy Wellington Wellington Wellington CBD NZ 6011 Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
Use your expertise to provide accounting and financial support, analysis and advice, and champion Inland Revenue’s customer centric and intelligence-led culture. * True business partnering for accounting professionals based in Wellington * Support key business strategy within a core government organisation * Operate within a large, diverse, and dynamic team
Inland Revenue plays a critical role in improving the economic and social wellbeing of New Zealanders. They do this by collecting and distributing money, they collect 80% of the Crown’s revenue and distribute social support payments.
Inland Revenue’s new Common Service Model and consistent way of delivering services will deliver a better experience across the organisation. The support that Finance Services provides, and the ways of working will make it easier for Inland Revenue’s people to do the right thing and know where to get help when they need it.
As a Senior Accountant you will provide accounting and financial support, analysis and advice to customers and stakeholders which will enable Inland Revenue to effectively respond and adapt to the changing financial climate and deliver results. You will have strong management accounting and finance advisory capabilities and experience to work in Inland Revenue’s high performing finance advisory team.
- Working collaboratively to support Inland Revenue’s achievement of key business strategies and adding financial value
- Providing strong customer service and supporting budget holders through financial processes
- Applying best practise expertise and taking an enterprise view to improve planning, forecasting, and reporting across the organisation
- Identifying and analysing financial risks
- Promoting a shift to self-service to ensure a positive customer experience and support financial capability uplift for customers
- Identifying strategic risks and contributing to the development of accounting and financial policies and strategies to ensure quality customer experiences and to protect Inland Revenue’s integrity
- Advising on complex technical accounting and financial decisions that have strategic significance to support the right outcomes for customers, Inland Revenue, and the government
- Relevant professional qualification (CA or equivalent)
- Strong business and commercial acumen, ability to work with complex financial information
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with a diverse group of management, staff and stakeholders
- A desire to add value to an organisation and be dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
This is an unparalleled opportunity to join a growing government organisation with development opportunities unique to you and your aspirations. Inland Revenue truly embraces diversity and inclusion and promotes a flexible and supportive work environment that meets the needs of their people and business.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Harriet McKenzie on 04 471 9745.
Salary: Competitive SalaryLocation: WellingtonDate posted: 29 June 2022In business since 1973, Devlin Cameron & Hayes Limited is currently seeking a Business Advisor/Accountant to join their busy team. They value their strong working culture and are looking for someone who can hit the ground running whilst ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial information produced.
Salary: Competitive SalaryLocation: WellingtonDate posted: 22 June 2022At Audit New Zealand, we are committed to doing everything we can to improve the performance of, and the public’s trust in, the public sector. We carry out annual audits of hundreds of public entities on the Auditor-General’s behalf to give taxpayers and ratepayers assurance that public entities are appropriately reporting on how they spend public money and on the services they have provided.
Salary: Competitive SalaryLocation: Palmerston NorthDate posted: 20 May 2022In business since 1973, Devlin Cameron & Hayes Limited is currently seeking a Business Advisor/Accountant to join their busy team. They value their strong working culture and are looking for someone who can hit the ground running whilst ensuring the accuracy and integrity of financial information produced.
Salary: Competitive SalaryLocation: WellingtonDate posted: 20 May 2022Use your expertise to provide high quality information, advice and services to internal and external customers by understanding each customer and providing proactive and tailored responses to their needs. * Opportunity to lead key pieces of work at a strategic level * Use your expertise to provide accounting and financial support, analysis and advice and act as a recognised expert for complex accounting, tax, financial and investment matters * Operate within a large, diverse, and dynamic core government organisation