Salary Competitive Salary
Consultant Andrea Doherty
Date posted 18 March 201822 Fanshawe Street Auckland 1010 Robert Walters New Zealand
A leading NZ bank is seeking an experienced Project Accountant to join the Finance Team.
The Project Accountant will sit within the Costs team of the Bank and report to the Divisional CFO. The Cost team are trusted advisors for the Bank and provide analytics and insights to help execute strategy in the most efficient and cost effective manner.
- Production and review of reports and insights to support decision making
- Consolidation, reporting, planning and forecasting of projects and investments, fixed assets and depreciation
- Ownership of project accounting tools and framework including the ongoing development of these to maintain industry best practice
- Ownership and supervision of large transformative pieces of work relating to the project accounting environment
- Coach team members across Finance to provide technically sound, well documented and commercial accounting advice for complex accounting and business issues and transactions
- Build and maintain effective relationships throughout finance and other areas of the bank to ensure consistent and effective application of group accounting policies
- Tertiary qualified in a Finance, Business, or similar discipline preferably with a CA, CPA or equivalent professional qualification
- Technically astute with strong Power BI, SAP and advanced Excel skills
- Management accounting experience in a complex organisation with exposure to a project environment
- Strong stakeholder engagement experience is essential alongside the ability to effectively influence
- Sound communication and business writing skills and ideally will be comfortable presenting information to stakeholders in the business
Ongoing training and development will be provided to the successful candidate alongside career progression within one of NZ’s leading banks.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrea Doherty on 09 374 7341.