Finance Business Manager
Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Andrew Hickey
Date posted 15 September 20192019-09-15 2019-11-14 accountancy Central Auckland Auckland Central Auckland NZ NZD 120000 150000 150000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This is a great role for a commercially minded individual who enjoys providing insights and advice across a large business.
Large and dynamic business which plays a key role in the lives of every Aucklander, the business is currently engaged with some exciting and diverse projects which will have a meaningful effect on the evolution of Auckland as a major world city.
The Finance Business Manager will be tasked with providing effective financial
leadership and direction, managing a team of business partners to provide sound commercial and financial advice to senior decision makers across the business.
This role will be a thought leader ensuring that commercially insightful financial governance and advice, and critical financial information is available, understood and utilised for key decision-making. The role will liaise with the broader finance community to ensure that the organisation exceeds customers’ expectations with value adding services, consistently looks to evolve and develop in the long term.
- Provide sound commercial and financial advice to the wider business
- Proactively develop and maintain effective partnerships with senior leaders across the business
- Lead the end-to-end planning and forecasting processes across the business
- Analyse and critique investment proposals as well as any unbudgeted expenditure
- Prepare all monthly reporting against budgets and KPIs for the business
- Deliver required financial reporting to the Board, senior management and external stakeholders
- Provide leadership and direction to two Finance Business Partners
- 5+ years post CA/CPA qualification experience required
- CA/CPA Qualification essential
- Staff Management experience required
- Experience working in a challenging, fast-paced and complex environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to collaborate across different departments in a complex environment
- Excellent business acumen and demonstrated ability to identify the key drivers of a business
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, decision making skills and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion
This is the great opportunity to work in a company that wants to make a positive impact to the lives of all Aucklanders. This role offers a fantastic challenge in a large business where success is rewarded. The role offers a competitive salary and the opportunity to develop long term.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.