Bank Reconciliations Accountant (12 mth Fixed Term)
Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Andrew Hickey
Date posted 20 August 20192019-08-20 2019-09-19 accountancy Central Auckland Auckland Central Auckland NZ NZD 60000 80000 80000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.nz https://www.robertwalters.co.nz/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This role is responsible for the reconciliation of the Group’s bank accounts across multiple entities, geographies and jurisdictions.
Dynamic global organisation in the IT industry. This New Zealand business has grown into a truly global organisation with 30 offices across New Zealand, Australia, Asia, US and the UK.
The Bank Reconciliation Accountant role will fill a key role within the Finance team. This position will be responsible for overseeing and ensuring timely completion of bank reconciliations monthly. It will also serve as the liaison with finance process owners to ensure all reconciliation queries are answered efficiently and required postings are made in a timely manner.
- Prepare daily, weekly and month end bank reconciliations
- Prepare daily, weekly and monthly bank account exception report
- Follow-up on outstanding bank reconciliation issues and ensure entries are made on a timely manner
- Prepare reconciliations across multiple bank accounts
- Create and implement an effective bank account exception management report and communicate required adjustments as necessary.
- Work closely with the Treasury department in setting up new bank accounts in the general ledger and ensuring all payments and cash receipts are posted to the general ledger correctly.
- Primary contact for audit request for bank accounts
- Assist the accounting team in month end close and special projects
- Enhance the documentation of bank account key internal controls, processes, and procedures
- Identify best practices and create ideas for process improvements for bank accounts
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Excellent attention to detail and determination with a high level of accuracy
- Accounting and bank reconciliation experience as well as knowledge of cash management
- Computer programs, including Microsoft Office suite of applications and a very strong knowledge of excel.
- Strong time management skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, work ethic, organizational skills, attention to detail, decision making skills and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks and see them through to completion
This is the great opportunity to work in an interesting and fast paced organisation in a fantastic environment. The role offers a competitive salary and professional growth.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence within this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Hickey on 09 374 7323.